When you work at ISB, you join a community of energetic, experienced education professionals who are open-minded and deeply invested in their work.
We want teachers and administrators who reflect our mission: adventurers, innovators, and caring communicators who strive to make the world a better place.
ISB supports this relentless commitment to innovation with robust access to professional learning, structured collaboration, and time to prepare.
Director of Admissions
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment is responsible for student recruitment and retention, student records and management of all admissions-related programs and activities. The Director of Admissions and Enrollment is directly responsible for designing and building an admissions program, the systems necessary to carry off the functions of the office, and the outreach and admissions campaign determined to be in the best interests of the school.
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment supervises the staff in the Admissions and Enrollment Department. The Director of Admissions and Enrollment reports to the Head of School and works with all constituents – students, parents, and teachers - at the International School of Brooklyn community in support of the school’s mission.
Candidates should have a strong background in student recruitment and outreach as well as managing an Admissions Office. Candidates should also feel comfortable leading and supervising a small team, enjoy interacting with students and families and collaborating with other departments within the school.
Key responsibilities include:
Student Recruitment and Outreach
- Work with the Advancement Office to create and execute an admissions outreach plan, including materials/publications, ongoing communications, open houses, tours, and school fairs
- Oversee play-based assessments and class visits
- Conduct student and parent interviews
- Chair the Admissions Committee and serve as a member of the Tuition Assistance Committee
- Maintain memberships in admissions-related professional associations
- Maintain contact with external organizations regarding recruitment and enrollment
- Oversee parent, student, alumni and staff volunteering for admissions events
- Attend meetings and manage paperwork related to the French Bourse system
Admissions Office Management
- Work with the Business Office to create and maintain an admissions budget
- Maintain the admissions section of the website
- Manage the admissions module of the database
- Maintain statistics on all aspects of the admissions and re-enrollment process from year to year (enrollment, retention, tuition assistance, etc.)
Enrollment and Student Records Management
- Oversee the student records work – attendance, student files, transcripts, etc. – and the re-enrollment contract process
- Prepare enrollment reports for the Board of Trustees and Finance Committee
Attend Board of Trustees meetings, as required, to provide periodic admissions updates
- Proven experience leading an admissions department
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid communication, management and organization skills
- Marketing sensibility, preference for proven outreach and recruitment campaigns
- Mature technology skills with Veracross or similar database systems
- Bilingual Spanish/English or French/English
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate programs
Applying to this position:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Director of Admissions” in the subject line.
Part-Time School Nurse
ISB is looking for a part-time School Nurse who will be responsible for supporting the needs of the students, primarily with regards to medication administration, first aid and general health and wellness. The School Nurse will also responsible for managing student medical records in the school’s database. The School Nurse reports to the Director of Lower School and works with all constituents – students, parents, and teachers - in the International School of Brooklyn community and in support of the school’s mission. This is a part-time position with the potential to grow to full-time in the future. The hours are flexible, but Monday-Friday from 10am-2pm is preferred.
Candidates should be a Registered Nurse with at least 2 years professional experience (preferably in a school setting), CPR card, NYS RN license.
Applying to this position:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com. Please indicate “School Nurse” in the subject line.
Lower and Middle School Substitute Teacher
ISB’s innovative and robust Nursery to 8th Grade program is a multilingual educational journey that develops students into driven explorers and passionate communicators. ISB is looking for educators with some availability during the year to substitute on an ad-hoc basis.
We are seeking candidates that are reliable and punctual in order to provide continuity and stability in the classroom. Successful candidates will be self-starters with effective classroom management skills, strong leadership capabilities, and a passion for educating.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, English/French preferred.
- Experience working with school-age children
- Must love to teach and educate young children
- Flexible schedule (during during the school hours, (8:30am-3:30pm) or after-school hours (3:00pm-6:00pm)
For consideration, please submit your resume and note Substitute Teacher in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include what days of the week you may be available, and if you are primarily available during the school day (8:30am-3:45pm), after school (3pm-6pm), or both.
International School of Brooklyn is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or marital status. We seek candidates who are committed to upholding our core values of diversity, international mindedness, community, global curriculum, inquiry-based learning, and language immersion. We actively encourage applications from candidates with broad and diverse backgrounds and from individuals of all races, nationalities, identities, and beliefs. International School of Brooklyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer.