A fast growing school, currently adding a new grade each year, ISB seeks an experienced, organized and motivated self-starter to join the school community as the Business Manager. The successful candidate will be bilingual (French or Spanish), have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
The Business Manager oversees all aspects of the business office, including bookkeeping, human resources, purchasing, and building operations. The Business Manager reports to the Head of School and is a member of the Senior Administrative Team.
This full-time position begins July 1, 2013. (Candidates interested in part-time only will also be considered)
Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervise and support the work of the business office personnel, and the use of standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures, to keep an accurate continuous record of the cash and financial position of the school and manage the financial operation of the school so that the institution remains financially stable.
- Oversee the general ledger and prepare a monthly budget variance report and other operating statements for the Head of School and the Board of Trustees as required.
- Provide a monthly report of expenditures for use of each individual budget center within the school.
- Facilitate a plan and schedule for the preparation of the annual budget that will permit the setting of the succeeding year’s tuition at a Board of Trustees meeting early in the calendar year.
- Manage and facilitate a successful annual audit of the school’s financial records and financial positions and support for the preparation of the annual tax returns as required.
- Oversee all school purchasing, financial investments, banking activities, payroll, and benefit programs including any required compliance and special recordkeeping.
- Manage and oversee all contractual relationships for the School.
- Oversee capital and operational management of School facilities and other assets.
- Manage and oversee an annual audit of the school’s financial records and financial positions.
- Provide support, in conjunction with the Head of School, to the Finance Committee and the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Manage risk at the school to ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities and to maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and to cover the liability of the school.
- Support the Head of School with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel.
- Participate in and be a member of the tuition assistance team for financial aid administration.
- Represent the school at various regional, state, and national associations relative to the role of being the business manager.
- Participate and have an active role in the expansion and strategic planning process for the School.
- Provide general strategic, financial, and operational guidance to the Head of School as needed.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle School Design Technology Teacher/Technology Coordinator
ISB seeks a Design Technology Middle School Teacher (for Grades 6 and 7)/Technology Coordinator for the 2013-2014 school year. The full-time position reports to the Middle School Director. Requirements for this position include the following:
- 3+ years of experience teaching Middle School Design Technology (or related courses)
- Strong IT background – this piece of the position includes supporting staff and students around technology integration, offering technology professional development for staff (as needed), troubleshooting day-to-day technology issues, and maintaining the mobile laptop carts in use by the oldest grades.
During the interview process, candidates will be asked to speak about the following:
- Experience working in inquiry-based environments
- Evidence of past collaborative projects
Experience with the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program and the ability to speak Spanish or French are pluses. He/she also should bring energy and passion to help develop this forward-thinking, growing school; be comfortable working in a collaborative environment; and be comfortable engaging with parents, staff, and students.
To be considered for the position, please send a cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com.
ISB Summer Camp 2013
French & Spanish Head Teachers:
Candidates must be native (or near-native) speakers of French or Spanish and be comfortable working in an immersion environment with children of all language-levels, and committed to promoting immersion language-learning. Head Teachers must have experience working with children ages 4-5 yrs old and demonstrated classroom management skills. Experience leading groups of 10-17 students (with one or two assistants). Hours are 8:30-3:30, plus occasional meetings and 3-4 hours per week of prep time (may vary depending on the position).
French & Spanish Assistant Teachers:
Candidates must be native (or near-native) speakers of French or Spanish and be comfortable working in an immersion environment with children of all language-levels, and be committed to promoting immersion language-learning. Assistant Teachers must have experience working with children ages 3.5-8 yrs old in a classroom setting. Duties include assisting the head teacher in preparations, organizing the classroom, helping manage classroom activities, snack, lunch, rest time and recess duties, assisting children with toileting needs. Hours are 8:30-3:30, plus occasional meetings and 3-4 hours per week of prep time.
French Art Teacher:
ISB Summer Camp is accepting applications for a French Art Teacher. The position is part-time (4-6 hours/week). The position entails teaching art in a French language immersion environment to small groups of children ages 9-12.
ISB Summer Camp programs run during July and August 2012. Candidates must be available during these months to be considered. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
To Apply: Please submit a brief cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which position(s) you are applying for in the subject line.