International School of Brooklyn provides an intimate, progressive and multicultural education that is ideal for preparing our children - tomorrow's leaders - to face the challenges and opportunities of an international future.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-39303645-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'isbrooklyn.org']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
International School of Brooklyn is a French and Spanish language immersion school located in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. ISB currently offers Nursery through 6th Grade. ISB launched its Middle School program in the 2012-2013 school year and continues to grow one grade per year (adding 7th grade in 2013-2014, etc.) through 12th grade.
Following the inquiry-based Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate and providing a stimulating French or Spanish language immersion environment, ISB offers an education that caters to the whole child. Sections are taught in English beginning in Kindergarten. The program is balanced with classes in music, art, physical education and science. Hands-on learning and investigations teach critical thinking skills and are interwoven with the academic goals of a rigorous international curriculum.
ISB Diversity Statement
ISB strives to create and maintain a school environment with an awareness of global and local community by actively fostering diversity in action, attitude, and structure.
ISB strives to embody this Diversity Statement through the following:
- Respecting and valuing ourselves and others by appreciating diversity and differing perspectives
- Facilitating effective communication about diversity
- Holding forums for students, parents, and staff to discuss diversity issues that arise
- Understanding that we think differently because we think in two or more languages
- Maintaining a space where it is safe to be diverse by pro-actively living in a multicultural community
- Exposing the differences in our learning community and fostering exposure to global diversity
- Promoting collaborations – across language tracks, across grades
- Regularly assessing, evaluating, and making recommendations to ensure that ISB remains committed to diversity both in and out of the classroom
Mission of the ISB Diversity Committee:
- To establish, promote, and maintain a relationship between the values and the actions put forth in ISB’s Diversity Statement and the ISB Community
- Foster transparency and greater accessibility for all participants in ISB’s efforts to advance diversity through bi-monthly meetings where concerns can be communicated
- Develop a means to assess accountability of the ISB committees’ efforts to foster diversity
- Promote diversity efforts internally, locally, nationally, and internationally