ISB’s French and Spanish Language Immersion Summer Program captures the best of language-learning and summer fun! ISB Summer’s staff is comprised of experienced, talented, and creative educators. Small group sizes of 12 to 15 children and 2 to 3 counselors helps each group build strong bonds and allows for personalized learning and attention. ISB’s warm and welcoming atmosphere makes ISB Summer Program a great experience for children of all language levels. Beginners grasp the rhythm of the language, learn songs, and build daily vocabulary. More advanced speakers enhance their skills by learning new vocabulary and using the language with their peers.
ISB's Summer Program is open to rising Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade students, and it will run for a total of 5 weeks beginning June 26th and ending July 28th.
A Day at ISB Summer…
At ISB Summer, children are assigned to groups based on their ages. Sample activities include arts & crafts, group games, sports, cooking, music, story-time, and drama. Playing outside is also a key part of the summer experience! Daily recesses are scheduled in ISB’s play yard and local parks. Children can play tag with friends, join a soccer game, and stay cool in the sprinklers. Daily activities are always unique, but each day has one thing in common: the groups are always busy having fun!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am-9:00am - Early Drop Off (complimentary morning childcare — optional)
- 9:00am-9:15am - Arrival & Morning Greeting: Circle Time, Discussion of Activities
- 9:15am-10:15am - Group Activities (e.g., arts & crafts, music, cooking, drama, athletics, etc.)
- 10:15am-10:30am - Snack provided by ISB
- 10:30am-11:15am - Sprinkler Recess at ISB
- 11:15am-12:00pm - Group Activities
- 12:00pm-12:30pm - Lunch* (bring lunch from home)
- 12:30pm-1:15pm - Trip to Carroll Park (Prekindergarteners have nap/quiet time after lunch)
- 1:15pm-2:30pm - Group Activities (e.g.: arts & crafts, music, cooking, drama, athletics etc.)
- 2:30pm-3:00pm - Clean-up, Farewell & Dismissal
- 3:00pm-6:00pm - Extended Fun (optional, additional fee)
*International School of Brooklyn is nut-aware. Nuts and nut products are not permitted.
Snack & Lunch
Mid-morning snacks are provided by ISB. Snacks generally include grains such as crackers or pretzels and/or fruit. Full-day participants should bring a filling, healthy meal from home. Please note: ISB does not provide lunch service.