International School of Brooklyn seeks a dynamic, hardworking, self-directed full-time School Aide/After School Instructor for the 2022-23 school year and beyond.
School Aide Role Requirements:
The school aide plays two primary roles. The first is to support the classroom team in the general operations of the classroom; they are the third adult in the classroom to support student life and learning. The second is to support lunch and recess duty during the school day. The ideal candidate will actively provide support to the head and assistant teachers preschool teachers and have the ability to collaborate in creating and in implementing the in various classroom activities. studies. Candidates should have experience in a childhood education setting; be committed to enjoying creating learning experiences designed to nurture the development of the whole child and enjoy using through a wide array of resources to build rich play and learning experiences.
The School Aide will:
● Be a fully reliable, collaborative, and resourceful presence for the general operation
of the school day
● Be actively involved in observing and interacting with students during work and
play times and may, on occasion, lead small group learning activities
● Take care of the general upkeep of the learning environment
● Demonstrate initiative in supporting the needs of the students
● Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
After School Instructor Role Requirements:
ISB also has an After School inquiry-based program that seeks to infuse students’ after school experience with exploration and inquiry. As an after-school instructor, candidates should bring an enthusiasm for working with young children with enthusiasm and ingenuity. Being an after-school instructor at ISB is an exhilarating experience which requires the capacity to engage with students in differing settings, including free play, group activities, and homework help.
Candidates should have 2 years experience leading groups of 20 students of varying ages; with the ability to work with a range of students; aged 3yrs to 12yrs to complete tasks such as homework and manage conflict resolution. Strong communication and organizational skills are a must in order to be successful in this position. After School Instructors must be flexible with leading and supporting, to ensure a strong group dynamic. Candidates should enjoy a collaborative work setting, and have experience leading 20-minute projects in areas such as art, science, recreational sports, etc.
The After School Instructor will:
● Plan and supervise the daily activities of the assigned group, including leading
small group activities and games.
● Assist students with homework as necessary (in Grades 1-5).
● Establish and maintain positive communication with faculty, staff, children and
● Prepare and serve snacks to students.
● Escort students to and from enrichment classes.
● Keep rooms and spaces clean, organized, and stocked.
● Compose a monthly newsletter including written descriptions and pictures
documenting program activities.
● Attend all professional development, planning, and program staff meetings
Aide positions are full-time Monday through Friday from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm and include being an After School Care Instructor.
Bilingual Spanish or French is strongly preferred.
Applying to this position:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and most recent resume to email@example.com and include “School Aide/After School Instructor” in the subject line of the email.
Salary Range: 40k to 43k