International School of Brooklyn seeks a dynamic, hardworking, full-time Middle School Science Teacher
The ideal candidate is one who understands and enjoys working with middle school students (ages 11-14), who loves the sciences, and who inspires students to love them as well. Other ideal attributes include commitment, patience, strong classroom management skills, positive energy, a sense of humor, and a commitment to making curriculum accessible to all types of learners.
This is a leave replacement position and will extend, at least, until the end of January 2023.
Description of position
The individual will:
- teach two sections of 6th Grade Science
- teach two sections of 7th Grade Science
- serve as a Homeroom advisor for a small group of mixed-grade students
- fulfill other supervision duties as required by the Middle School division
- Teaching experience, preferably in the independent school world; experience teaching in an IB school is a plus
- Degree in science or related subject, or significant experience/skill with science
- Supportive, student-centered approach and ability to differentiate instruction
- Comfort with using technology in the classroom
- Ability and commitment to collaborating with other teachers
- Desire to mentor students in an advisory role outside the classroom
Applying for this position:
Interested candidates should email a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Middle School Science Teacher” in the subject line of the email.
No phone calls, please.
International School of Brooklyn (ISB) is an independent, non-profit school known for its innovative and robust PK-8th Grade French and Spanish language immersion program and International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum. The ISB learning experience is driven by six core values: inquiry-based learning, diversity, global curriculum, language immersion, community, and international mindedness. Dedication to these values enables ISB to develop each student’s creativity, critical thinking, global citizenship, and intercultural understanding.