March Butter Beans Beet
Inspired by the upcoming blossoms and the fresh start of Spring, we’re making exciting changes and expanding our daily menu variety. We hope these enhancements will inspire your children as they continue to enjoy their lunches with us this season!
Cold Bar Items:
- An expanded variety of Boar’s Head deli meats on a weekly rotation. Turkey will remain on the cold bar daily coupled with a second deli meat rotating between ham, buffalo chicken, and salami.
- An expanded variety of cheeses on a weekly rotation. Sliced American cheese will remain on the cold bar daily coupled with a second cheese rotating between sliced provolone, sliced cheddar, and sliced pepper jack. We will continue to serve shredded cheese on taco and chili days, along with parmesan on pasta days.
- A larger variety of lettuce options. Our traditional Butter Beans lettuce blend of red leaf and green leaf lettuce will be served daily, and the second lettuce option will rotate weekly between arugula and spinach.
- Hummus will now be considered a specialty salad, and will be present on the menu twice per month for a few consecutive days.
- Our crudites selection will include additional variety like raw mushrooms and raw cauliflower.
- We are increasing the variety of drinks that we offer by serving lemonade twice per month, with a rotation of homemade lemonade and homemade limeade.
- For schools that have an after-school canteen program, we are rotating in some fun new muffin flavors like cranberry orange, chocolate cherry, and lemon poppy.
Hot Bar Items:
- Our Applegate hot dogs are free from hormones, antibiotics, nitrates and nitrites. Additionally, Applegate hot dogs are NON-GMO verified, made from 100% grass-fed, pasture raised beef, and are humanely raised.
- We are now offering an additional bread option of whole wheat dinner rolls that we will serve on select pasta or meatball days, at least 1-2 times per week.
- March’s seasonal menu items will include vegetable sides of Caramelized Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Butternut Squash, Sauteed Collard Greens, Braised Cabbage and Roasted Cauliflower.
We look forward to implementing these new additions and changes to our lunch menu, and of course hearing from you!
Wishing you a bright and inspiring Spring season ahead,
The Butter Beans Team
The Butter Beans breakfast program is independent of the lunch program; therefore, parents can choose either the breakfast or lunch program or can participate in both meal programs as many did this last spring.
The breakfast bar is open from 8:00am-8:30am in the cafeteria. Come and enjoy a healthy breakfast with your child before the school day begins! Menu items include cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, orange juice, bagels, and more.
The à la carte breakfast services is administered through a declining cash balance program by pre-registering with Butter Beans. The minimum starting and replenishing amount is $10.00 and the system has a convenient auto-replenishing feature if you choose. Through the point-of-sale system, you will also be able to see which items your child is purchasing from the breakfast menu. Parents are able to use the same account of their child to make their own individual purchases. To enroll in the breakfast service program, please follow the instructions below.
- Fill out the online enrollment for at: butterbeanskitchen.com/isb-a-la-carte
- You will then receive a confirmation email with instructions to set up your new EZ SchoolApps account.
- Log on to your new account, add your payment method, and choose your starting balance.
Please note that your account must have funds before purchases can be made. If you have any questions or other needs, please contact Butter
Beans directly at (718) 499-0010 or firstname.lastname@example.org